Opposites...

Hey Everyone,

So, I have been thinking a lot about things that are opposite, but compliment one another. The thing that came to my mind immediately were the elements: Earth, Air(wind), Fire, and Water. I will now explain my point of view on this.

When people think of fire and water, they think that they don't mix and can never mix. I have thought long and hard about this, because yes water will kill the fire, but if you put the water into a container over a fire, the fire takes the icy cold water and makes it warm. When water is hot it disinfects, we take hot showers and a hot bath relaxes our sore, exhausted, tight muscles. That wouldn't happen without the heat from the fire. Fire is dangerous, but beautiful at the same time. There are so many benefits that fire has to offer us. It cleanses, heats, gives light, and it can give life new life. When a wildfire happens, there is destruction but after a time life comes back to that area, newer and stronger then ever. When it's dark and cold, we make a fire to give us the light we need to see and heat to stay warm. But if an ember escapes from this beautiful fire, it can lose control and start a wildfire and more air(wind) that gets to the fire the worse things get. But if the fire is in a contained area, the more air added to the fire is super beneficial, it makes coal into a diamond, ore into metal and sand into glass. When people thing of water it usually the good things, but like fire it can do damage especially when you add wind to the mix. Water can give life, it can take life, just like fire. It's just as beautiful and dangerous. A rainstorm can bring relief from the heat of the sun, but too much and you have floods and swollen rivers. And at times after the rain has stopped you have mudslides. The heat of the sun keeps the water here in check, and the water is a necessity for life. They are opposites but they can work together and make our life easier. Too much of one of these elements causes disasters. 

So, why am I talking about this? Because this is how I see relationships, to have too much in common is deadly and dangerous. To be too different can be a good thing, it could bring balance and harmony to the relationship. My parents divorced when I was in my preteen years, I look back and see that they may have had too much in common and not enough differences. My mom is quiet, laid back, but enjoys a social life. No, she's not a big social bug, she's just social enough to keep balance in her life. My dad didn't really care to be in a big crowd, and preferred to be at home, he is also shy and quiet. Now, that they are leading their own lives, they have more in common then I thought. They both like to get out of the house and enjoy the company of others and family, as well as a few other things. My mom is remarried, and my stepdad is nothing like my dad. He is so loud, carefree, a big social bug, and very spontaneous. He loves to be on the move and out of the house a lot, and there are times when my mom would rather have him home, but she understands his needs and allows him the space needed to keep their relationship healthy. We also have a running joke of if my stepdad ever has an affair it will be with food, because he loves my mom so much that he can't live without her. My first real relationship failed because he and I were too much alike and didn't have many differences, so we were constantly bickering over dumb things and we simply grew apart. I have always wondered why in fairy tales the prince or princess would fall in love with someone who is so different from themselves, I understand it now. The commoner they fell in love with had things that intrigued the prince or princess. They didn't want to have someone who was exactly like them. To have too much in common is like adding wind to a fire, or a hurricane. I hope that I can find someone who wants to fly, but who will bring me closer to earth. I hope I have that man in my life, I may not even know. (Maybe I do. Only time will tell the truth.)




Here's a little thing I found on Pinterest: 
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2b/49/59/2b4959ed05b965b13a5f0e5eb9d5852e.jpg


Danielle: "A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?"
Leonardo da Vinci: "Then I shall have to make you wings."
 This quote is from the movie, Ever After: A Cinderella Story. I love it, because Danielle did not believe that she could ever be with Henry(the prince), but da Vinci convinced her otherwise. Danielle took that leap of faith and we all know how the story goes.

That's it for now.
Warrior Daughter 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I appreicate Mothers...

Forgiveness....

Loving Ourselves and Loving Others....