A good question...

I had a good friend of mine ask me the question, "What brings you inner joy?" I responded with "That's a really good question." I hadn't really thought about it, because I am usually just happy and don't give it too much thought as to why. But as I thought about my answer this is what came to mind and heart, it's the simple things in this life that bring me joy in every way and when I don't focus on the simple things I am beyond miserable and full of anger.  

Okay, a lot of things depend on what mood I am in. I can have several moods in one given day. Sometimes saying a prayer in the morning brings me joy and peace of mind through out the day, and when I don't do that watch out because I can be the most unbearable person to be around. But on occasions saying that prayer, is forgotten by me and the roller coaster of emotions begins. At times it is helping others, whether I am at work or not, just knowing that I was able to help them brings me peace of mind and joy. If I am having an off day or a weird day, music and dancing is what brings me joy. I don't know what it is about dancing that is so freeing to me, but it really helps. And with my wide taste in music, that varies from day to day. Just listening to uplifting music when I am down is another big help, no the songs aren't about love and relationships either, it's about life and overcoming the trails that life brings us. There are times where I need to get out of the house (which is more often then not), and just enjoy nature, even if it is just simply my backyard. There's a rhythm in nature, one that on occasion I dance to. Being outside barefoot is the most relaxing thing for me, so I love spring and summer for the mere fact that I can be barefoot outside. And sometimes it just going shopping or window shopping. Coloring, or doing a craft is also fun for me. Using my imagination is one of the funnest things for me and it helps me to relax at the same time. The laughter of babies and children, even listening to their stories, bring me a lot of joy. Sometimes the screaming, crying child reminds me that I was once a child and that I still am. I may not throw temper tantrums as often anymore, but I have had my fair share of hitting, throwing things and screaming. But I am a Child of God. That's how I truly see myself. I was once asked by a good friend, "What do you see when you look in the mirror?" This question took me off guard, because I see me in the mirror. The Daughter of God that is getting through this life, it's not easy, but He promised to help us along that way. I have made some major mistakes in my life, but He has NEVER left my side, He has NEVER stopped helping me, and He has NEVER given up on me or you. I have been reminding myself of this over and over lately, because I have seen those who are lost in this world, and being lost is also being confused about who we truly are. When I look in the mirror, it's just simply my reflection, I don't tear myself down or focus on anything one thing. The mirror is just a guide nothing more. My friend then continued to ask me other questions, and I kept throwing them off with my answers. I am a simple person, I do tend to overthink things and overwhelm myself, but I am human and that will happen from time to time. I don't see this world in just black and white, it's a rainbow of colors. There are times where things are black and white, but I don't mind because that is my Heavenly Father's will and I try my hardest to make Him proud of me. This earth is such an amazing place, there is a lot going on a lot of darkness that we as Sons and Daughters of God can and will overcome when we ask for the help, and Heavenly Father promises that you will get the right help that you need at the right time, we just simply need to ask at times. I try my hardest to see the best in all things, a lesson I learned from watching Beauty and the Best, on repeat, when I was younger. I never liked Gaston, I would make a sound when he was on the screen. I have no memory of that but that's something that my mum has told me, that memory for her is a precious one and I am so glad that she shares that with me. I love it when people share their fondest memories with me, whether it's sad or happy. I wish some people in my life would share their fondest memories with me, but I can't and won't force them. Memories, something we all need to hold on to. Alzheimer's runs in my family, and for me that's is so hard. I have heard stories that just tear my heart into a thousand pieces about family members who we lost to Alzheimer's. So, the memories I have and cherish I will share over and over. I am sure that you have noticed that in all of my other posts. :) I can't imagine losing my memories, or not having any at all. I am so thankful for the gift of memories, photographs, journals, and videos. Without these ways to preserve our memories, I wouldn't know who my maternal grandmother was and I wouldn't remember who my paternal grandmother was either. My maternal grandmother passed away about 6 years before I was born, and by the time I came to join the family my grandfather had remarried. So, as I learned that I had a middle name I asked my mum where she got the name. She simply replied "It was my mom's middle name, and I wanted you to have it in memory of her." Mind you I was a tiny thing and became confused and replied "I thought her name was Grandma Sunny." Through her hurt and understanding, said "No, Grandma Sunny is my stepmom. My mom died before you could meet her, but you met her in Heaven before you were born." Then I understood, and it helped that she showed me a picture of my beautiful Grandmother. I must have been really close to her in Heaven, because I have many personality traits of hers that I never knew I had until someone told me. ;) And when I am married and start a family of my own, I will be able to share my memories of those who have passed away, and I hope that they will love those people as much as I do.

So, when I think of who I am, I envision me as a little toddler, siting in my Heavenly Father's lap. Chatting away with Him, as He truly, and very patiently listens to every word I say. He is real, Alive, and helping us each and everyday. So is our Savior Jesus Christ. There are times when I am struggling and I envision myself, simply grabbing my Heavenly Father around the neck and not letting go, until He lets me know that I will be okay and that I am strong enough to let go. Sometimes, when there's this inner battle within myself, I envision me in the armor that God has promised all of us, fighting the dark along side of our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. I am who I am, A Daughter of God. I am loved, never left wandering, or hurting because They are always with me. They are with us ALWAYS!!! Every tear that falls from our eyes, They count, every laugh we laugh, I believe They are laughing with us. Every hurt we feel They feel too. Our Heavenly Father and Savior both want us to be comforted, strengthened, and know that we ARE LOVED regardless of how we feel or think.

That's it for now, until next time!!
Warrior Daughter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I appreicate Mothers...

Forgiveness....

Loving Ourselves and Loving Others....