Stand Out....

Hey Everyone,

     So, I started this post back in October of 2018 and I thought that I would add somethings to it and finally publish it for y'all to read.

                                                                                   10/14/2018
 
    I hope that life is splendid for y'all. I have been thinking all about fitting in and standing out. This post came about because of the movie "The House with a Clock in Its Walls". I love this movie for numerous reasons but the one reason that stands out to me, the most, is you are stronger when you stand out from the crowd.


    Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I struggle to fit in. I have never really had many "close" friends, just a few here and there through out my life, to be honest I have had way more acquaintances than true or close friends. I have always been the odd duck out, in the way I think, speak, and dress. For the longest time in my tween and teens years, I desperately wanted to fit in. No, I didn't want to be the popular girl, but rather to be more accepted for who I truly am. At this time in my life, I was the only one whose parents had divorced, and I wasn't very quiet about how I felt, at least I was vocal to my friends. I can be very shy and quiet, but I can be very, extremely vocal and sometimes quite obnoxious. I know that some people will love my more confident, kind, loving and sometimes vocal side. Heck, even I myself love that side, but I lose that side of myself when I want to fit in, whether it's fitting in with a group of people or just a couple of people. I become so miserable that I am not being true to myself, making my situation that much worse. All I want is to be happy, kind, loving and accepted for who I truly am. For the longest time I chose to be miserable and fit into a crowd that I was meant to stand out from. There is absolutely nothing wrong about standing out, that is what truly makes us sons and daughters of a Loving, Caring, Kind, but Firm Father in Heaven. If we are the only ones who stand up for those who stand in need, then so be it, but we ARE NOT ALONE. When we do the things that are right, we do stand out but that is how we can truly help our brothers and sisters who are in need. We can be an answer to anyone's prayers, no matter what religion or background that person is from. To stand out is by far the best thing that I LOVE about myself. If I fit in, then I am just another face in a crowd. Blending into the background and making myself miserable. Life wasn't promised to be easy but that we could make it through this life at this time because we are STRONG ENOUGH to make it through this life. I will admit that I am not the strongest person on this earth, probably far from it, but I do have my own battles that I fight, sometimes daily as I have mentioned in past posts. But I know that I am not going through this life alone and I wouldn't have it any other way. When I see someone do something that they really don't want to do, my heart breaks for them. I once made similar decisions and I feel stupid for making those decisions because I could have saved myself from a lot of misery but I didn't and I learned the hard way. If you really don't want to go and hang out with someone or a group of people, then simply say "I am sorry but I won't be able to make it." It's that simple, you will be quite surprised by the way people will respond to that, for the most part people will say something like "That's too bad. Maybe next time." For those few that will be mad at you, let them, it's on their heads not yours. If someone stops speaking to you and you don't know why, try to see if they are willing to talk to you about it, if not once again that is on their head not yours. Just simply try, that is all that we have truly been asked to do. If someone just doesn't like you, do your best to be friendly towards them,  you don't have to be their friend, but you need to be kind and loving to them regardless. Now, I know what you are thinking, "It's not that easy to do.", yes I have recently had my fair share of people not liking me, and it's not that easy to be nice to someone who, doesn't want to speak to you and may not like you. So, in my latest post I mentioned that I had some conflicts with past coworkers, and I did what I could to first, set and example and two, be the nicest person I could be. But by the end of my time at that particular job, I had, had it and may have snapped at those that I felt did not like me. So, just do your absolute best to be the best version of you that you can be. We all have our limits in this life, and our tempers may get the better of us on occasions but, do what you can to fight that negativity as best as you can. 
 
    So, a quick little update on my ADHD testing. I have once again, stumped my doctor and the results came back inconclusive. Surprise, surprise *said with major sarcasm*. In past testing, and therapy sessions I either confuse and bewilder my doctors, so much so that they want to help me that much more, or they become so confused and frustrated by me that they eventually give up on me. That has also happened in some of my relationships too, but I am hoping that with all of the information that I have given my doctor, we can better understand what is going on and be able to get me through this life a little bit easier. Which at the moment means more other different tests, more waiting and hopefully a clearer and more concrete answer than past testing I have done.
  In the meantime, I am going to be writing way more than in the past two years. (Well, I will at least try to post once a week.)

    Stay Strong, stay true to you and STAND OUT, and most importantly stay safe. These scary times will come to pass, hopefully sooner than later. Love Y'all!!

Warrior Daughter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I appreicate Mothers...

Forgiveness....

Loving Ourselves and Loving Others....